Blessed Gizella Archdiocese Collection – The Saint Emeric Piarist and Garrison Church

Phone: 
+36 88 426 095

The walls of the choir of the classicist church, which was consecrated to the Virgin Mary and Saint Emeric, were painted by Ferenc Bucher, the frescos on the ceiling by Antal Szirmai, and the altarpiece by Rudolf Steiner. The church was built next to the Piarist Comprehensive School and Monastery in Veszprém, which were the modern educational and cultural centers of the Piarists, who settled in the city in 1711. The Blessed Gizella Archdiocese Collection organizes exhibitions in its exhibition space.

 

Photo by Lajos Kövesdi Róka

Programmes

Temporary exhibition |exhibition
Nándor Udvarhelyi’s volume The Heart of Sedes Capitalis: Medieval Frescoed Churches in Udvarhelyszék along the Târnava Mare (Kairosz, 2018... More
17:00 to 19:00
|exhibition
Nándor Udvarhelyi’s volume The Heart of Sedes Capitalis: Medieval Frescoed Churches in Udvarhelyszék along the Târnava Mare (Kairosz, 2018... More
15:00 to 16:00
|exhibition, guided tour
Nándor Udvarhelyi’s volume The Heart of Sedes Capitalis: Medieval Frescoed Churches in Udvarhelyszék along the Nagy-Küküllő (Kairosz, 2018... More